Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Accepted!


Half a decade ago when I decided to 'ground my dream' and gain qualifications based on paranormal studies I found it very difficult to identify academics in Australia who would even admit to being interested in what Einstein called spooky action at a distance. I soon came to understood that studying psi is regarded as a career limiting move - especially among the academic fraternity. Fortunately for me, I didn't have a career that I thought could be damaged by delving into the unknown.

I did manage to flush out a few closet psychics and make contact with others who are, even today, still proud to hang out their parapsychologist shingle. I'll reveal who these are next...

2 comments:

  1. It is of interest to me to find that so many of `us' felt very `different' as children. I recall this feeling all too well. Also, many recognized their abilities around the age of 5yrs. It would be interesting to know just how many share the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the motives for my survey was to uncover these early childhood experiences and to shine a light on them so that those who have a duty of care for children will at least become aware that paranormal experiences are a part of the private world of children. I will be revealing more about the results as I do my blog.

    In the meantime you might be interested in completing the survey (see right) and this will provide you with a summary of the original survey findings.

    Thanks for popping by.

    Cheers

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

So, lets’s keep the conversation going, please leave your comments and questions below.