Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Silver Cord


One of the first, if not the first serious book, I read on the paranormal was The Silver Cord, Lifeline to the Unobstructed by Martha Barham and James Greene. This was the book that helped me realize I wasn't alone in knowing what I knew and I wasn't imagining things that couldn't possibly happen. It was published in 1986 and because I changed jobs every couple of year I can remember reading this when it was still hot off the presses, in 1987.

This book was like a breath of fresh air to me. I was working in the business world at the time and I can remember wishing for lunch time so I could immerse myself in this book and surround myself in possibilities. It spoke to me - and though it is 20+ years since it was published - it may also speak to you. The blurb promotes this book as a spiritual work and indeed, it could be regarded as such. Equally, it could also be interpreted as a treatise on the paranormal realms. Different language - similar concepts.

According to Amazon The Silver Cord is still available and on that site the reviews use words like "wonderful", "excellent", and "very persuasive" to describe it. I agree with these superlatives and I commend this book to you. Note: there are other books with the same title but different authors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Put your Paranormal Experiences on the Record - complete the anonymous survey now http://bit.ly/pVh5D
___________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, lets’s keep the conversation going, please leave your comments and questions below.